I believe in constructing new schools as population warrants and in restoring school buildings by providing adequate staffing and capital, so that all schools will be safe, clean and well-maintained.
PLAN OF ACTION
- Ensure our schools are clean and healthy atmospheres.
- Advocate for changes to the provincial policy on Education Development Charges (EDC's).
- Reducing the board's capital repair backlog by 1/3 using Education Development Charges.
- Conduct a community-audit, inspired by the Jane's Walk method, in each school with parents, school staff, administrators, and the Superintendent as soon as I am elected and use the priorities identified as a plan of action for my term.
- Champion more transparency by requesting a searchable database be implemented on the TDSB's website, inspired by Open Data Toronto and the Toronto Star's Project School Work.
Do you like this post?