For over 17 years, Toronto Centre-Rosedale has been my home. I worked at St. Michael's Hospital and I own a pet supply business in the St. Lawrence Market area. I love our community and want to help ensure that we continue to invest in its diversity and growth.
The diversity of our neighbourhoods reflects the diversity of our children. Our schools should therefore reflect our communities in curriculum, programming, and elected representation. Urban schools should respond to urban needs.
I believe that we need to think of schools as the heart of our communities. We should invest in education to ensure that young people can, in turn, invest in their communities' future. In order for downtown neighbourhoods to thrive, we need to offer incentives for young families to live and raise their children downtown. Schools are important not only for parents and children, but for anyone who cares about the future of downtown. If young families are forced to move to suburban areas, then we will all suffer – economically and socially.
On June 20, 2016 I was elected school board trustee for ward 14, Toronto Centre-Rosedale. Thank you for your support. Let's work
together with our community schools, and represent the interests of all our neighbourhoods.
BOARDS & COMMITTEES
- Toronto District School Board, Vice-Chair & Trustee for Ward 14 Toronto Centre-Rosedale
- TDSB Black Student Achievement Community Advisory Committee, Member
- TDSB Director's Performance Appraisal Committee, Vice-Chair
- TDSB Equity Policy Community Advisory Committee, Member
- TDSB Finance, Budget and Enrolment Committee, Member
- TDSB Governance and Policy Committee, Member
- TDSB Inner City Advisory Committee, Member
- TDSB Inner City Task Force, Member
- TDSB Negotiations Steering Committee, Member
- TDSB Programs & Schools Services Committee, Member
- TDSB Planning & Priorities Committee, Vice-Chair
- Ontario Public School Boards' Association, Alternate Director
- Canadian Coalition of Youth Councils, Board Chair