Committed to Student Success!
Church Street Public School is located at Church and Carlton Streets. Several years ago, the school had a major renovation including the addition of a new third floor. In 2004, we participated in a playground improvement project. In 2007 half of the second floor of Church Street Public School was renovated in order to create The Native Learning Centre. Approximately 40 native high school students attend The Native Learning Centre and are taught by teachers from Jarvis Collegiate.
Many of our students speak English as a Second Language and were born outside Canada. Approximately 30 languages are spoken at Church Street Public School.
Church Street School offers regular Junior Kindergarten through Grade 6 programs.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Note: This section will be updated as more information becomes available. Please contact us if you'd like us to add or update any information.
- Nutrition Programming: Morning Meal provided to JK-grade 6
- Full-Day Kindergarten: Implemented
Child Care: Available
- 0-18 months: 0 spaces
- 18-30 months: 10 spaces
- Pre-School age: 16 spaces
- Kindergarten age: 40 spaces
- Grade 1+: 60 spaces
- Total Spaces: 126
- Subsidies Available: Yes
- Contact: (416) 925-1197
- Operator: Non Profit Agency
FACTS & FIGURES
- Built: 1956
- Student Population: 396 (100% Capacity)
- Learning Opportunities Index (LOI) Rating: 236/474 (+35 from 2010 ranking)
- NEW Facility Condition Index: 61.18% - view Details
- Capital Repairs: see Toronto Star's Project School Work
- 2016-2017 Budget: $75,228
NEWS & UPDATES
July 18, 2016 UPDATE:
The reconstruction on the Kindergarten Playground has started and should be completed in time for the start of the school year. The Field's reconstruction is scheduled to happen in Summer 2017, pending discussions with the school and community and board approvals.