Tenant Guide

If you have concerns about the air conditioning in your rental unit, you should communicate with your landlord, superintendent, property manager, and/or property owner in writing. Make your request in writing by completing a work order or a Standard Maintenance Request.

Note: Installing a window air conditioning unit in a rental unit or a privately owned home does not require a building permit, but tenants should refer to their lease agreement to confirm if it is allowed.

If the issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame, you can submit a service request online at Toronto 311 website

Take action

Sign up for Updates
Invite Me To Your Event
Sign up to Volunteer