Watch the full Ward Forum livestream here: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisMoiseTO/videos/1428310607181112/
Facilities Condition Index
Parents now have access to a wealth of data on the condition of public schools as the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) becomes, what is thought to be, the first school board in Ontario to post lists of repairs on a school-by-school basis. The TDSB is also publishing each school’s Facility Condition Index, a rating of school building conditions.
Quick Facts & Info for Ward 14:
- We are home to 4 schools over 100 years old, 2 schools over 60 years old, and 5 schools over 50 years old.
- 1524 work orders have been completed so far to-date with 529 still to be completed... and counting.
- The Parking Garage and Pool will be closed at Rosedale Heights this summer as the boiler and sprinkler system are being replaced.
- The field will be closed at Church Street PS from July 1 to September 5 for the installation of artificial turf.
- Whitney PS, Church Street PS, and Rose Avenue will all receive new boilers this summer.
- The Island PS will receive a complete roof replacement this summer.
Open Schools is a pilot program created to increase access to resources and opportunities for people in our communities. Open Schools addresses the need for community members, groups and agencies to have better access to space in schools. The program looks for and offers convenient, safe and multi-purpose space in schools during the school day, after school and on weekends for community use.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our local Community Support Worker at [email protected]
Community Use of Schools
TDSB facilities are a vibrant part of the community that welcome hundreds of organizations and agencies into our classrooms, gyms and other spaces throughout the year when they are not being used for school activities. Permits are approved depending on the availability of space and resources and are issued on a first come, first served basis. Fees are charged according to an established schedule.
For more information on Community Use of Schools visit: http://www.tdsb.on.ca/Community/CommunityUseofSchools.aspx
To apply for a permit for your organization/community group visit: http://www.tdsb.on.ca/Community/Permits.aspx
Save the Dates - Future Ward Forums
French Immersion & Extended French
April 11 6:00pm-8:00pm @ Winchester PS
School Councils 101
May 9 6:00pm-8:00pm @ Sprucecourt PS
School Council Appreciation Dinner
June 9 6:00pm-8:00pm @ Jarvis CI
For more information text WARDFORUM to 647-496-0956 or visit www.chrismoise.ca/wardforum