The Fair Pass Transit Discount Program is a City of Toronto poverty reduction initiative to help make TTC and Wheel-Trans more affordable for low-income Toronto residents. The Fair Pass discount is programmed onto a PRESTO card and saves cardholders 33% on TTC adult fare single rides and 21% on TTC adult monthly passes.
To apply for the discount City of Toronto residents must be 20-64 years old; receiving assistance through Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Ontario Works (OW), Toronto Child Care Fee Subsidy, or Rent-Geared-to-Income Subsidy; and, have a PRESTO card. To be financially eligible for the discount, the applicant's family income must meet the program's definition of low-income.
Learn more and apply online at toronto.ca/transitdiscount
Information and Resources
- Residents who need assistance with their Fair Pass application can call the City of Toronto’s Application and Support Centre 416-338-8888 (toll free: 1-888-465-4478)
- Fair Pass applications cannot be completed without a PRESTO card. Free PRESTO cards are available at participating Toronto Public Library branches, while quantities last.
- The Fair Pass discount is valid for 12 months from the date of issue; the funds on the PRESTO card will not expire
- The PRESTO card with Fair Pass discount applied is not transferable and is intended for the approved Fair Pass client only
- If you are experiencing technical issues with a PRESTO card or want to transfer balance to a new card, call the PRESTO Contact Centre at 1-877-378-6123