Chris Moise is the Trustee for Ward 10 (Toronto Centre, University-Rosedale) of the Toronto District School Board. Since first being elected in 2016, Chris has led many initiatives, each designed to promote fairness and enhance equity for the thousands of students under his watch. Chris has championed initiatives such as the Enhancing Equity Task Force, and is an active member of the TDSB Black Student Achievement Community Advisory Committee. He has been a vocal advocate for the elimination of streaming, and was successful in the peaceful removal of SRO officers from “at-risk” schools in his ward. Chris recently worked with local City Councilors to allocate millions of dollars in resources towards the refurbishment of both Church Street Public School and Jesse Ketchum Public School as well as the revitalization of Jesse Ketchum Park.
Before being elected to the TDSB, Chris was a Counsellor at St. Mike’s Hospital. For the past 14 years, Chris has owned and operated a small pet supply business in Toronto.
Committees & Boards
- Vice-Chair, Finance, Budget and Enrolment Committee
- Member, Black Student Achievement Community Advisory Committee
- Member, LGBTQ2S Community Advisory Committee
- Member, Negotiations Steering Committee
- Member, Director’s Performance Appraisal Committee
- Director, Ontario Public School Boards' Association
- Director, Toronto Lands Corporation Directors